Monday, March 14, 2011

First flower is going to bloom on one of my favourite plants...

You must be wondering that I returned after a long time on  my Blog space....


But now I have started writing my Blogs in my mother-tongue: Gujarati. So I hardly get time to write in English too after my pretty busy schedule. But whenever I feel like writing something in English and have time, I would drop in here to share my views with you!

Lajamani (Touch-Me-Not)
Lily
I want to share a small story. Shall I call it story? Actually, it is my true experience. I like growing plants since childhood. I have 8-9 pots with plants of different types at my home which I am maintaining since I was a school-going child (may be 15-20 years). I have a Sada-fuli (Baramasi) which has been all along with me since I had started growing my first plant. I have had Tulsi plant, Touch-me-Not (Lajamani) plant, Marigold (Galgota) plant. I have a Lily plant (which look like grass and flowers only once every monsoon. I have an aloevera plant. One plant I have is a very old plant which I had got from Bandra on my way to Mount Mary Church a few years back. I have office flower plants which also bear flowers in specific seasons and these flowers also opens up in the morning and lasts till sun sets!

I also have a rose plant which grows like a weed and never bears any flower!

But a few months back I had got a plant that bears very beautiful small flowers like sun flower with few petals. They have a very beautiful colour mix of yellow, orange and Red. These flowers are very delicate and cute. Now I had purchased these flowers and that time only one of my friends had instructed me to keep them in proper sun light and water them very regularly. I had kept it in my balcony.(Most of my plants are kept near the door of my home at the ground floor. Only 2-3 pots I have kept in my balcony on the 1st floor of my home)When I brought these plant home there were already 2-3 flowers on it and there were also a few buds waiting to be bloomed into beautiful flowers at my home and make me very very happy. Every morning I used to water this plant and look at the beauty of its flowers for a long time and felt divine when I touched them, felt them. (See the picture of the very pretty flowers in my balcony put here in this blog.)

After a few days my dad had to be hospitalized due to his heart-surgery and I was almost out, staying at hospital for many days and when after 5-6 days since I last saw my new favourite plant, alas! I was devastated to find the dead dried-brown plant instead of my loving green plant which bore those wonderful cute orange-red flowers only a few days ago. I really felt sad and fought with my family members for not taking care of my plant in my absence.


Few days after this incident I happened to visit a nursery one more time and I found the same plant again there. I could not help myself from buying it one more time with the resolve to take proper care this time. But after some days again I had to go out of station and same sad story repeated. My family members forgot to water this plant & for the second time I lost my favourite flower's plant. I waited for days without plucking out the dried brown leaf-less life-less stem from the pot only hoping that a new green bud of the plant will be visible one day. But in vain. Now after a few days, one day while watering this lifeless stem of the plant I noticed a small sapling of this variety of plant in adjoining pot. I recollected that before some days when the flowers had bloomed on my favourite flower-plant, I had plucked a few flowers after they had bloomed fully and were dried completely on the plant. I had tried to sow the seeds along with the dried flowers and waited for days. Nothing had come out from the soil in the pot. But the same plant had taken birth in that adjoining pot and a small delicate sapling was swinging with the blow of air in my balcony and I was ecstasic to witness this sight!

Now today I am waiting for the first flower on this newly born favourite plant of mine! Tomorrow Morning I am expecting to see the first orange-red flower on this tiny plant.

This time I am feeling more belongingness to this plant as it has actually taken birth from the seeds sown by me! This feeling of waiting for the new flower to bloom is like waiting for a new baby to born!

I will post the picture of this new flower in this blog in days to come...

....and as promised here are the day-by-day pics of this flower....Enjoy!!!



15-Mar-2011




16-Mar-2011

17-Mar-2011

18-Mar-2011

19-Mar-2011


20-Mar-2011


...and today on eve of 20-Mar-2011, this first flower on my fav. plant went to the feet of Riddhi Vinayak Ganpati Dada...

Good news : there are two more new buds growing on this plant now!!!


3 comments:

  1. The plant is very pretty, so I am looking forward to your pictures. And I hope your dad is better... thank you for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Vikas,

    VoiceHired.com is India’s first online marketplace connecting clients with voice over artists and voice actors.

    Artists can create their portfolio website with a unique URL in few steps. They can upload samples of their voice and can promote themselves using various social media platforms.

    Please register yourself as Voice Over Artist and become a part of the growing community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading "your favorite plant article " as I feel you are very loving and caring person.
    As same things happened with me. I don't know the reason but after Tulsi vivah in few days my tulsi plant is like a dead.So to look at this I feel very sad but I sowed some tulsi's seed (mogra) in that pot.New tiny saplings was blooming in few day.now it's growing nicely.
    Now to look at this I feel very happy as with such feeling that "My krishna is with me"

    ReplyDelete